Who is John Immerwahr anyway?
- He is retired, volunteers as a guide (docent) at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, maintains the Minshall hiking trail at Tyler Arboretum, volunteers in the surgicenter of Bryn Mawr Hospital and sings in the Wayne Oratorio Society.
- He is an Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at Villanova University, a Trustee Emeritus of the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research and served for many years as a senior research fellow of Public Agenda. He founded www.TeachPhilosophy101.org, an Internet resource for philosophy and humanities professors.
- His resume lists his professional background and publications.
- He likes books and movies — check out his list of favorites and send recommendations of things he might enjoy.
- Here are some projects and websites he is interested in.
- He lives in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania and is married to Kathy Byrnes. He has two remarkable sons: Daniel, Associate Professor of History at Northwestern University, and Adam, Artistic Director of Theater J in Washington, DC. Visit immerwahr.com for more information about the family and his brother, Don Immerwahr, a Seattle-based artist.
- Here is his email, a picture and a fun photo of him giving a museum tour.