Who is John Immerwahr anyway?
- He is retired, volunteers as a Guide (docent) at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Rodin Museum, maintains the Minshall hiking trail at Tyler Arboretum, volunteers at the Bryn Mawr Hospital and sings in the Wayne Oratorio Society.
- He is an Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at Villanova University, a Trustee Emeritus of the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research and served for many years as a senior research fellow of Public Agenda. He founded www.TeachPhilosophy101.org, an Internet resource for philosophy and humanities professors.
- His resume lists his professional background and publications.
- He has also self-published a novel, available on Amazon. It is a sequel to The Count of Monte Cristo, by Dumas. As a novel it is rather amateurish, but it is truly outstanding as fan fiction and he immensely enjoyed writing it!
- He likes books and movies — check out his list of favorites and send recommendations of things he might enjoy.
- Here are some projects and websites he is interested in.
- He lives in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania and is married to the truly wonderful Kathy Byrnes. He also has two remarkable sons: Daniel, Associate Professor of History at Northwestern University, and Adam, Artistic Director of Theater J in Washington, DC. Visit immerwahr.com for more information about the family and his brother, Don Immerwahr, a Seattle-based artist.
- Here is his email, a picture and a fun photo of him giving a museum tour.